- C. A. Denard et al. YESS 2.0, a tunable platform for enzyme evolution, yields highly-active TEV protease variants. (Submitted)
- Yajie Wang, Mark J. Bartlett, C. A. Denard, et al. “Combining Rh-catalyzed diazocoupling and enzymatic reduction to efficiently synthesize enantioenriched 2-substituted succinate derivatives” ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7 (4) pp. 2548–2552.
- C.A. Denard* et al. “Development of a one-Pot tandem reaction combining ruthenium-catalyzed alkene metathesis and enantioselective enzymatic oxidation to produce aryl epoxides.” ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5 (6), pp. 3817–3822.
- C. A. Denard*, Hengqian Ren and Huimin Zhao. “Improving and repurposing biocatalysts via directed evolution.” Current Opinion in Chemical Biology, 2015, 25, pp. 55–64.
- Z. Abil, C. A. Denard and Huimin Zhao.” Modular assembly of designer PUF proteins for specific post-transcriptional regulation of endogenous RNA.” Journal of Biological Engineering, 2014 8:7.
- H. Huang, C. A. Denard, R. Alamillo, A. Crisci, James. A. Dumesic, Susannah Scott and Huimin Zhao. “Tandem catalytic conversion of glucose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural with an immobilized enzyme and a solid acid catalyst. ACS Catalysis, 2014, 4 (7), pp. 2165–2168.
- C.A. Denard* et al. ”Cooperative tandem catalysis using an organometallic catalyst and a metalloenzyme.” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2014, 7, 53 (2). pp. 465-469.
- C.A. Denard*, John F. Hartwig and Huimin Zhao. “Multistep one-pot reactions combining biocatalysts and chemical catalysts for asymmetric synthesis”. ACS Catalysis, 2013, 3 (12), pp. 2856–2864.
- N. U. Nair, C. A. Denard** and H. Zhao. “Engineering of enzymes for selective catalysis.” Current Organic Chemistry, 2010, 14, pp. 1870-1882.
- M. DeSieno, C. A. Denard, and H. Zhao. "Combinatorial biosynthesis for drug discovery and development." In Chemical Biology of Enzymes in Biotech and Pharmaceutical Applications, (J. R. McCarthy, H.C. Yang and W.K. Yeh, Eds.), John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2010
** Equal contribution